Latin| 8:00 – 10:00
Latina Christiana | $375 | 3rd Grade
First Form Latin | $500 | 4th Grade +
Second Form Latin | $500 | 5th Grade +
Third Form Latin | $500 | 6th Grade +
Fourth Form Latin | $500 | 7th Grade +
Introduction to Latin (Henle I) | $500 | 7th Grade +
Henle II | $500 | 8th Grade +
Caesar Translation | $500 | 9th Grade +
Henle III | $500 | 10th Grade +
Classical Studies | 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Greek Mythology | $375 | 3rd & 4th Grades
Famous Men of Rome | $375 | 4th & 5th Grades
Famous Men of the Middle Ages | $375 | 7th Grade +
Famous Men of Greece | $375 | 7th Grade +
Homer & History of Ancient Greece| $375 | 9th Grade +
Virgil & History of Ancient Rome | $375 | 9th Grade +
Greek Tragedies | $375 | 9th Grade +
Cicero & The City of God | $375 | 10th Grade +
English Literature | 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
3rd Grade Literature | $500
4th Grade Literature | $500
5th Grade Literature | $500
6th Grade Literature | $500
7th Grade Literature | $500
8th Grade Literature | $500
High School Literature I | $500
High School Literature II | $500
Friday 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. : Material Logic & Rhetoric | $375 | 8th Grade+
Friday 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. : Traditional Logic | $375 | 8th Grade+
Composition | 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Introduction to Composition | $375 | 3rd Grade
Fable Stage | $375 | 4th Grade +
Narrative Stage | $375 | 5th Grade +
Chreia and Maxim Stage | $375 | 6th Grade +
Refutation and Confirmation Stage | $375 | 7th Grade +
Common Topic Stage | $375 | 8th Grade +
Math | Monday 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Algebra I | $375 | 8th Grade +
Algebra II | $375 | 9th Grade +
Geometry | $375 | 10th Grade +
Monday 2:00-3:30 p.m. : Physical Science | $375 | 8th Grade +
Friday 8:00-10:00 a.m. : Biology | $375 | 9th Grade +
Friday 10:00-11:30 a.m. : Chemistry | $375 | 10th Grade +
Friday 8:00-10:00 a.m. : Physics | $375 | 11th Grade +
Primary School | Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade
The Highlands Latin Cottage School K, 1, and 2 programs offer a full-day class, meeting from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. with breaks for lunch and recess. The program will cover all subjects including literature, penmanship, phonics, spelling, and math. Students may be dropped off at normal drop-off times with siblings or peers in the Patrick Cottage. Optional storytime takes place in Patrick Cottage from 8:00 a.m. until classes begin at 8:30 a.m.
High School Diploma Program
The Highlands Latin Cottage School offers a partnership with committed homeschool families in the Louisville area. Our High School Program offers access to knowledgeable instructors, a rigorous curriculum, and classroom training and accountability. The Highlands Latin Cottage School is a CLSA accredited program. High school students are free to enroll in classes as an a-la-carte option that supplements further coursework at home.
Students interested in our High School Diploma Program can apply after the completion of their 8th grade year, but must apply prior to January 1st of their sophomore year. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis, in which case the school will require a comprehensive homeschool transcript and interview. In order to graduate, students must meet schedule and course requirements outlined here.
Each student graduating must earn at least 28 credits, 16 of which must be completed in our Cottage School classes. Students in pursuit of our diploma should take a minimum of four courses at the Cottage School each year, and complete remaining requirements at home, with Memoria Press Online Academy, at a local co-op, or community college. To award credit for these classes, some documentation will be required. You can view a suggested Cottage School Diploma Schedule here.
You can register for our High School Diploma Program here.
2020-2021 Cottage School Calendar
- August 12: Meet the Teacher Day and Popsicle Social
- August 19: Parent Orientation Night
- August 24: Open School Ceremony and First Day of Classes
- September 7: No Classes in observance of Labor Day
- October 26: Pumpkin Carving Contest
- November 2: Coffee & Conversation
- November 23-27: Fall/Thanksgiving Break, no classes
- November 30: Second Trimester Begins
- December 14: Christmas Party & Book Exchange
- December 21: Christmas Break Begins
- January 4: Classes Resume
- January 19: High School Open House 7PM
- February 15: Valentine’s Party
- Week of February 22nd – 27th National Latin Exam (for students in 2nd Form and above). Date and time to be determined.
- March 1-14: Spring Break, no classes
- March 15: Third Trimester Begins
- March 16: Art Show (tentative)
- April 5: Easter Party
- May 24: Closing School Ceremony and Last Day of Classes
HLS Louisville Uniform Policy
- Shirts – Navy or white polo (no other colors), HLS issued polo
- Pants or Skirts – khaki or navy blue only
- Shoes – loafers or “dress shoes” only, no sneakers
- Socks or Tights – White or navy blue (solid)