HLS is an excellent choice for capable and motivated students who enjoy the challenge of learning. Admission to Highlands Latin is based on the applicant’s performance on a placement test, previous academic record, and parent interview. The purpose of the admissions process is to ensure a good fit between Highlands Latin and the student.
To discover more about HLS, we invite you to follow these steps:
- Request an information packet online or by calling 502-742-4789.
- Attend either our Fall or Winter Open House if possible.
- Schedule a personal tour to observe classrooms, view curriculum, and ask questions; call 502-742-4789 to schedule a tour.
Once you have decided to apply to Highlands Latin, please submit the following:
- A completed online application or paper application
- Copies of the most recent report card and standardized test scores (if applicable);
- If homeschooled, a summary of the most recent courses of study;
- A $50.00 application fee.
- Please email the applicant’s primary classroom teacher a link to the student recommendation form. Or, print out a paper version and give it to the teacher with a stamped envelope addressed to Highlands Latin School (10901 Shelbyville Road, Louisville, KY 40243).
When we have received your application, we will contact you to schedule a placement test and informal parent interview. In March, we will notify you of the admission decision.
Applications received by February 10th will be considered in the first round of admissions committee decisions.
Later applicants will be considered on a rolling basis for any positions still available.
To speak with someone about admission to Highlands Latin School, please call 502-742-4789 or email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting your family!