HLS is an excellent choice for students who enjoy the challenge of learning. Admission to Highlands Latin is based on the applicant’s performance on a placement test, previous academic record, and parent interview. The purpose of the admissions process is to ensure a good fit between Highlands Latin and the student.
To discover more about HLS, we invite you to follow these steps:
- Request an information packet online or by calling 502-742-4789.
- Schedule a personal tour to observe classrooms, view curriculum, and ask questions; call 502-742-4789 to schedule a tour.
- Attend either our Fall or Winter Open House if possible
Once you have decided to apply to Highlands Latin, please submit the following:
- A completed family online application or paper application
- Please email the applicant’s primary classroom teacher a link to the student recommendation form. Or, print out a paper version and give it to the teacher with a stamped envelope addressed to Highlands Latin School, 10901 Shelbyville Road, Louisville, KY 40243.
When we have received your application, we will contact you to schedule a placement test and informal parent interview. Admissions decisions are mailed in March.
We look forward to meeting your family!